1) Yay! We got into the third round of the Butler! Yay!
2) Mum, as of the end of the second round of the Butler, owes me another seven beers. Nine if we count the full value of:
3) Doubled defensive beer! *
4) The urge to pull my overshirt over my head and run around the table every time I score another beer card is getting nigh irresistable.
5) OMG OMG OMG we beat Sue Lusk & Therese Tully. Yes, they weren't having the best of sets, but it was a fun, friendly match which we won by 41 to 5 IMPS. I was so glad we weren't playing in the Open or the Seniors, there was this one board where Mum passed me out in my 4NT (Ace Ask - she'd opened a strong 2C, I'd accepted the game try, and was gearing up to look for Grand when she passed OoO. Datums in the Seniors and Open were something like 1200 & 1240 for that board, but only 220 in the Womens' so we still got +10 IMPS)
* You hold QT73, J4, AT97, J42, partner opened 1H, you bid 1S, I think LHO doubled to show the minors, partner bid more hearts, and somehow RHO ends up in 3D which you duly double and lead the ten of diamonds, run round to the Queen. I don't remember what happened next, but partner shows up with a second diamond and led it at some point, RHO putting down the King, which I covered and then plonked down the 9, smothering declarers' third diamond, the 8. Really, I'm stuffed if I remember the sequence of tricks, but we were vulnerable, they were not, and we took them for +1100, which I really liked as the best we can do on that deal is 3NT or 4H making 10, for +630 or +620.
Full deal; I was sitting south:
N: 84, AKT832, 42, AKT
E: K965, 965, KQ8, 875
S: QT73, J4, AT97, J42
W: AJ2, Q7, J653, Q963